This is one of those non-recipes that is so wonderful to have in your repertoire, a perfect match for a pasta dinner or to round out a simple meal of soup. When you take whole-grain bread, preferably homemade and chewy, and slick with golden organic butter, you already have a delightful, healthy food but if you top it with the vitamin-rich astringency of vibrant spinach and melt whole-milk mozzarella all over it you have something memorably delicious.
Whole-grain organic baguette (if you have mastered artisan bread at home, then use homemade!)
1 lb. whole milk mozzarella
1 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, oregano, and basil
4 cups spinach
1/2 cup melted organic butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Slice baguette in half length-wise and spread with melted butter.
2. Generously layer with spinach.
3. Mix garlic powder, oregano, and basil, sprinkle over spinach. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Grate mozzarella and spread over bread.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
To add golden browned spots on the cheese I like to finish off the baking in the broiler for about 2 minutes!
Beautiful post, Anna!
I will definitely try this but I would love your bread recipe as well!!!!